Pop-Up Drop-Off Waste Disposal Events
Pop-Up Drop-Offs are free recycling and large item disposal events for residents of Jefferson County.
Saturday, March 27, 2021
10 a.m. - 2 p.m.
Sun Valley Ball Field Complex, 10401 Lower River Road
- Up to 3 electronic items (recycled)
- Metal & appliances, no refrigerators or any items containing coolant (recycled)
- Up to 4 passenger tires (recycled)
- Household recyclables, follow curbside rules (recycled)
- Yard waste, follow curbside rules, wooden pallets (composted)
- Large household items (landfilled)
- Documents for shredding (recycled)
- Prescription medication (disposed properly)
Items must already be separated into categories for easy off-loading so as much can be recycled as possible.
- Garbage, loose debris (use curbside garbage collection or take to landfill)
- Concrete, bricks, rocks
- Construction materials (take to Waste Reduction Center, fees apply)
- Refrigerators or items containing coolant (take to Waste Reduction Center, or metal recycling facility)
- Latex paint (disposal information)
- Batteries, light bulbs, oil-based paint, varnishes, stains, and other household hazardous waste (take to Haz Bin)
- Tree trunks
- Boats, hot tubs
- Items from businesses
- Trailers greater than 10 feet in length (larger loads can be taken to the Waste Reduction Center)
Staff will wear personal protective equipment, including face coverings, and will stay at least 6 feet away from citizens.
Citizens should remain in their vehicle if possible and must wear a face covering if exiting their vehicle.
These events are sponsored by:
Department of Public Works and Assets (Louisville/Jefferson County Waste Management District in partnership with Solid Waste Management Services Division) and Metro Council.